i figured it was time for a little "about me" post. there are a lot of fresh new faces around here + i want you guys to know me just a little bit better. these kind of posts are some of my favorite to read on other blogs ... so I thought i'd do it too.
i am 27. so we will go with 27 fun facts.
1. my middle name is elyse ... and i love it. i love all middle names. tell me yours!
2. i am the baby of the family. by 7 years. i have an older sister + brother.
3. i am not a big fan of commas - or capital letters. you won't see them here a lot.
4. if i could wear overalls every day i would.
5. my family has this thing called "the 3 things" ... our parents started doing it when my sister was born. but it has turned into our family slogan. we have said it so much so that sometimes my dad will just hold up 3 fingers and i know what he means. if you are wondering the 3 things are ... " i love you very much. i think you are special. and i am very proud of you." see? it's cute!
6. popcorn and organic cheese puffs are my favorite snacks.
7. i moved to alaska 2.5 years ago after living in ohio for 25 years.
8. i have a rare genetic disorder called noonan syndrome.
9. i named my dog scout finch after the character in to kill a mockingbird. which also happens to be one of my very favorite books.
10. my favorite place in the world is sunset beach - in north carolina. it's precious.
11. i met my two very best friends in kindergarten. they are so dear to me. in fact. 95% of my close friends have known me since before the 6th grade. i guess you could say i'm sticky. if i love you i love you for life.
12. i hate bananas. and also have texture issues with food. and also don't like food to touch. except chipotle.
13. i love cleveland sports. andddd also the pittsburgh steelers. sorry ohio friends. stone me!
14. i am terrified of clowns + fuzzy costume people.
15. my hair is naturally curly. no i don't get perms. i'd like to thank my mama. my daddy + Jesus.
16. i learn best with music + remember almost every lyric to every song i've ever heard.
17. essential oils are my jam. they have given me emotional + immune support. if you would like to know more about oils feel free to email me or click this link!
18. redeeming love by francine rivers is one of my all time favorite books.
19. i laugh when i shouldn't + i cry more than i should.
20. i am 5 feet tall.
21. i have a brain tumor. it's benign. it's stable. i'm grateful. GOD IS FAITHFUL + KIND. also :: sometimes when people hear i have a brain tumor they freak out + are like "oh no she'll die in my house." but don't freak out. i'm fine. life is beautiful!
22. i have a tattoo on my left arm that says "daughter, your faith has healed you." it's from the story in the bible where Jesus heals the woman who had been sick for 12 years. she had FAITH that if she could just touch his clothes she would be healed. i wanted this for a long time. and finally got it two years ago. because one day healing will come. on earth or in heaven. it is a gentle reminder + a push to always have faith like that beautiful young woman did. but best of all ... it's in my parents handwriting. "daughter," is my dad's + "your faith has healed you" is my moms. oh friends. this story YES friends. there is a comma on my arm. i can't believe it either. but i can't change the Bible.
also :: i have a whole blog post about it ... if you wanna read it DAUGHTER YOUR FAITH HAS HEALED YOU
23. Hosea is my favorite book of the bible.
24. the biggest thing i have struggled with in the past 10 years or so is probably my weight + staying confident even though my body doesn't look like i want it to. years of sickness and medications ruined me. and i have had to learn to be okay with the number on the scale. i had to realize that healthy doesn't mean stick thin. that God does not want me to be ashamed of what i look like. scars are beautiful + scales are brutal + it is okay to love exactly who i am. in the words of my friend Shauna Niequist [ okay not my real life friend - but my someday friend ] "my friends are not actually counting the days till summer to see if i finally turned into a supermodel..." HALLELUJAH FOR THAT!
25. i love to go to the movies by myself. popcorn. cherry coke. a blanket scarf to cozy up in. it's just the best.
26. i am a hopeless romantic. i just love love. and love people. and honestly i wish there were more words for love in the english language because i use it too much. but i just adore everyone and i think they should know.
27. Jesus is my very favorite. forever + ever.
i'd love to hear a fun fact about you! feel free to comment below!
shelby elyse taylor